Buckeye Power’s economic development team provides a wide array of services for the 25 electric cooperatives and their local communities.
Buckeye Power’s members range in size and complexity from local family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 industrial manufacturing plants with peak power loads of 40 megawatts.
Businesses and facilities proudly served by Buckeye Power and its member cooperatives include:
- Three Honda of America manufacturing plants including the Marysville Auto Plant, Anna Engine Plant, and Honda Transmission
- The Kroger Great Lakes Distribution Center, which encompasses 860,000-square-feet, employs 800 associates, serves 260 Kroger stores, and annually distributes 1.3 million tons of product
- The Iams Pet Food’s Leipsic manufacturing plant for dry pet food, one of only four US plants
- The Avon Products, Inc. distribution center, which handles more than 50% of Avon’s US distribution
- Ohio Fresh Eggs, which houses 2.2 million laying hens and helps Ohio rank 2nd nationally in egg production
Contact Dennis Mingyar, director of economic development, at 614.430.7876 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the following services:
- Building and site information
- Introductions to local, regional and state officials
- Local permitting, development and economic development contacts
- Research, rate and load calculations
- Energy efficiency and conservation consultation
- Questline, a technical service that provides energy advice quickly and easily through the “Ask an Expert” hotline and twice-montly newsletters
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date on development news in rural Ohio with Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Current — our economic development newsletter.
To receive Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Current by email, please contact Dennis Mingyar at email@example.com.
Grant Programs Set to Increase Ohio’s Site Inventory
June 2020: Project Ohio Team Works Through Pandemic for Rural Development
March 2020: NorthPoint’s Logistics Park Ohio Is Ready to Roll
December 2019: Spencer Industrial Park Primed for Development
August 2019: How to Create More At-Bat Opportunities
May 2019: Ohio River Site Offers Rare Convergence of Rail, Water and Highway
February 2019: Build It and They Will Come
December 2018: Ohio Offers Solutions to Food Industry Disruption
September 2018: Find Your Manufacturing Site in Mount Vernon, Ohio
May 2018: The Highway to World-Class Sports and Business Locations
February 2018: Little Engines That Can
December 2017: Refilling Ohio’s Inventory of Immediately-Developable Properties
September 2017: Mega Spec Warehouses Sprouting in Exurban Ohio
May 2017: Why Cooperation Works
February 2017: How Rural Millennials Will Sustain Ohio’s Manufacturing
November 2016: How To Minimize Rural Site Selection Risk
September 2016: Spec Construction Propels Rural Ohio to Front of the Pack
June 2016: Designing Success in Rural Northwest Ohio
February 2016: Mystery Solved – The egg comes first
December 2015: Needs vs. Drivers – what do you really need?
November 2015: Diversify or Die: An Insider Look at the Rebirth of an Ohio Manufacturer
August 2015: How Infrastructure Won BrewDog’s USA HQ
June 2015: Lessons to Learn from Utica Shale Hotel Developers
April 2015: The Unique Job-Generating Power of R&D
March 2015: Clean Coal Powers New Shale Plant
November 2014: Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Power Up Intermodal Facilities
September 2014: American Showa and Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Responsive to Change
May 2014: Ferguson Finds Perfect Fit in Exurban Ohio
JobsOhio Site and Building Database
Looking to locate your business in Ohio?
JobsOhio, the Buckeye State’s private, nonprofit economic development organization, maintains a searchable database of certified sites and buildings.
Click here to access JobsOhio’s database.