On Tuesday, May 8, Ohio opens the polls for registered voters to exercise the privilege of free selection in party primaries; to make your voice heard on statewide issues; and to cast your ballot regarding local matters.
In 2016, rural America played a historic part in our national election — 500,000 more rural voters went to the polls than in 2012. This year, we hope to accelerate that momentum by encouraging each of you to join 42 million electric cooperative members across the nation to remind our elected officials that rural issues matter.
In May, Ohioans have the opportunity to decide:
- State Issue 1 — an amendment to the Ohio Constitution that will determine a process for redistricting Ohio’s congressional regions.
- Candidates for each party for the state offices of governor, attorney general, treasurer, secretary of state, and auditor.
- Candidates for two open seats on the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Republican and Democratic candidates for a seat in the United States Senate.
- Candidates for each seat in the U.S. House of Representatives
- Local issues and state representatives
Please do your part by reviewing the issues, familiarizing yourself with the candidates, and preparing to represent yourself, your family, your community, and your cooperative in this year’s election process.